Since 1983 Peter McVerry Trust has worked to tackle homelessness, drug misuse and social disadvantage and our work remains as important today as it was when we first started out. The need for our services remains high given the ongoing social and economic crisis. Over 3,000 people accessed our services in 2013 and we provided almost 2,000 individuals with residential placements last year. The majority of those whom we help are young, homeless males age from 18-35.
Our Mission: We are committed to reducing homelessness and the harm caused by drug misuse and social disadvantage through the principles of a Housing First model. Peter McVerry Trust provides low-threshold entry services, primarily to younger persons with complex needs, which offer pathways out of homelessness within a framework of equal opportunities, dignity and respect.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- To work for Peter McVerry Trust within the authority delegated to him/her by the manager;
- To provide a wide range of interventions, support and supervision to residents;
- To assist the manager in the day to day running of the service;
- Any other duties as designated by the Manager.
Person Specification: We are currently seeking to recruit a pool of professional and dynamic Social Care/Project Workers for our relief panel.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualification in social care, youth work ,addiction studies or relevant discipline
- At least 2 years residential experience in the area of homelessness and in residential care.
- Essential competencies: communication skills, commitment to providing the highest level of service, openness to change, professionalism, respect for others.
Applications are available on request from HumanResource@pmvtrust.ie or by contacting the HR department on 01 811 7740. The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 29th August 2014.